Cheezy Mac and Cheeze
Serving Size: Serves 4-6 people
Prep Time: 30 min
- 2 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Better Than Bouillon - No Chicken Base
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Carrot (processed- not pureed but fine pieces)
- 1 Jar Vegan Valley Nacho Queso
- 4-oz. Canned Diced Pimentos
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Turmeric
- 1 1/2 Cups Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- 1/2 Crown Broccoli
- To Taste Raw Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- In a medium pot, boil your water and add the Better Than Bouillon - No Chicken Base, this will be your broth. Leave on medium-high heat.
In a deep frying pan, sautee Onions with the vegan butter and olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add carrots and pimentos. Sautee for an additional 3-5 minutes to allow the carrots to soften.
Lower the heat on your sauteed veggies and stir in 1 jar of Vegan Valley Nacho Queso. Add baking soda and tumeric. Simmer on low.
Cook your Macaroni Elbow Pasta to al dente and drain.
Blanche the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes and shock in cold water to stop the cooking process and to preserve texture/flavor.
Combine the broth with the sauce and veggie mixture in the large pot. Stir in pasta and broccoli (optional, you may also serve the broccoli on the side). Bring to 165°.
- Salt to taste and garnish with parsley or other herbs.