Creamy Mushroom & Rice Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: Serves 4 people
Prep Time: Prep - 15 min Baking - 40 min
- 4 Lg. Bell Peppers (Assorted Colors)
- 4 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Vegan Valley Mild "Original" Cheeze Sauce
- 16 Baby Portabellas - quartered
- 2 Tsp Dried Minced Onion
- 2 Tsp Dried Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 2 Tsp Paprika (Smoked preferred)
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash your peppers. Cut the tops around the rim, then clean off the pith and seeds. Save the tops to the side until the end. Take out any pith and seeds and rinse the inside of the peppers. Place the peppers upside down on a paper towel to drain the moisture.
- Wash and quarter the Baby Portabellas.
- In a bowl, take the Cheeze Sauce and combine it with all spices and the Liquid Aminos. Add in Mushrooms and Rice.
- Add Rice mixture to the peppers until full. Pack down the mixture and then place the pepper tops on the peppers to preserve moisture.
- Put the peppers in a pan or Cast Iron Skillet and fill the bottom with approximately 1/4in of water. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Once the peppers appear wrinkled and the aroma is obvious, remove and enjoy!